My primary business is altering bridal dresses. I work closely with Your Dream Bridal in Sudbury and have a studio conveniently located in the same complex. Whether it is a simple adjustment or major modifications, I will work with you to make your dress as close to perfect as we can.
Face it, the fun part of quilting is the design and piecing of the top of the quilt. Very few enjoy the actual “quilting” part of the project. I have a 10 foot Gammill Quilting Machine available for quilts and quilted fabrics (upholstery) that makes quick work of that part of your project. Whether a new design or looking to spruce up a well-worn family quilt, contact me and we’ll discuss the best way to approach your project.
I work with interior designers, retailers, engineering companies, startups, and the occasional bridal party to create new designs, fix a problem, or repair/alter an existing design. Pretty vague, huh? Think of me as a “fabric mechanic”… Here are some sample projects I’ve worked on:
- Supporting a number of well-known interior design retail stores, helping fine-tune orders or fix projects.
- Work with a local engineering firm to create prototypes of fabric wrappings for medical devices.
- Pre-production consulting and prototypes of raincoats for dogs.
- Pre-production consulting and limited edition manufacturing for high-end iPhone/iPad cases.
- Custom draperies and window treatments.
- Pillows and Cushions for interior designers.
- Machine quilting of custom fabrics for upholstery.
- Bridal parties.
- Prom dresses (from scratch or adapt).
Things I don’t do….
If you are looking for basic alterations (e.g., hemming, small adjustments) I recommend that you seek out your local dry cleaner – they often have the capability to handle that type of work.